What a great turnout at our newest meeting place, the Douglas Country Library in Parker. This past Tuesday, 25 amateur radio enthusiasts turned out for the PRA monthly meeting and a great “Show & Tell” segment. Topics for the meeting included:
- 2017 Meeting Location & Dates – Douglas County Library, Parker. Dates are: 1/17, 2/22, 3/21, 4/18, 5/17, 6/20, 7/18, 8/15, 9/19, 10/17, 11/21, & 12/19.
- Survey Monkey Results & New Net Script/Format – GREAT Feedback and immediate actions taken.
- New Membership Structure in January 2017 – dues paid in January; prorated after January.
- PRA Election Year in 2017 for Board Positions. Nominations in June/July; Vote in October 2017.
- Presentation Ideas – Satellite, Fox Hunt, HF Basics Part II, Gordon West, radio programming, VE Session, Contesting, Vanity Callsign Process, LOTW…
- 2017 Field Day in Woodland Park – camping, large campsite.
- Douglas County Library Amateur Radio Showcase? Spring/Summer? Would you participate to promote the hobby?
- ARESDEC VE Testing 12/10 at Pradera Fire
As you can see, the PRA is finishing the year strong and preparing for a better 2017. We look forward to hearing you on the air on our upcoming nets; Monday D-Star Net – 8:30PM on XRF223B and Tuesday at 8:00PM on the W0CFI repeater – 448.675 – (100Hz) — YES! This is an analog repeater! We also look forward to seeing you at our December meeting.